RSK’s Training Academy in Iraq provides a comprehensive suite of training programmes from basic health and safety awareness to service-specific training.
All our courses are mapped to relevant industry standards and best practices, and are delivered by full-time health, safety and environmental professionals. We incorporate practical training experiences wherever possible, and ensure that any classroom-based work ties into delegates’ real-life job roles.
We offer introductory, intermediate and advanced-level training ranging from short, introductory seminars to multi-day courses with external examinations. Most courses are delivered at the Training Academy base in Burjessia, near Basra, and some are held at the University of Basrah.
Whatever your requirements, we will work with you.
Occupational health and safety courses include
- Working at height
- Confined space entry
- Hazard identification
- Task risk assessment
- Radiation protection
- Cable avoidance
- Chemical handling
- Handling hazardous wastes
- NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work
- Hydrogen sulphide awareness
- Environmental awareness
- Principles of occupational hygiene.
We are also developing courses for local technicians, including
- Basic chemistry
- Introduction to geology
- Equipment and execution of work
- Practical laboratory testing techniques and analysis
- Manual sampling techniques
- Laboratory health, safety and environmental issues, including chemical handling and awareness
- Testing to ASTM standards
- Care and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Equipment calibration and adjustment.