The ideal candidate will be an experienced user of gas chromatograph–flame ionisation detectors (GC–FID), headspace GCs and/or MSD user, including troubleshooting and maintenance. Agilent ChemStation experience would be an advantage. The successful candidate may also be required to assist in method development and validation, and with work in other parts of the laboratory.
- Undertaking technical work in accordance with documented standards and ISO/IEC 17025
- Calibrating all laboratory equipment
- Carrying out and documenting regular instrument maintenance
- Processing, calculating and checking analytical results
- Assisting in sample preparation for various analysis
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- BSc chemistry, environmental science or biology
- Three years’ analytical laboratory experience preferred
- Organised and methodical approach
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong team player
Salary and benefits
- This is a full-time post with a salary commensurate with experience.
- Regular training and development will be provided
For more information, or to apply for the post, please visit the careers section of the RSK website.