RSK’s geotechnical and contaminated land testing laboratory just outside Basra, southern Iraq, has been operational since May 2014. In March 2015, it became the first combined geotechnical–chemical laboratory to receive accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 in Iraq.
Our established clients are multinational oil and gas companies and leading international consultants. They recognise the value of a local laboratory offering a consistent, reliable service in a marketplace that previously relied on expensive and time-consuming movement of samples to laboratories outside Iraq to ensure the high-quality results they demand.
The testing methods and quality control procedures are the same UKAS- and MCERTS accredited methods that our successful UK laboratories use. A team that transferred from RSK’s UK laboratories to manage the laboratories in Iraq introduced the systems. It is also training an expanding team of Iraqi technicians. This local team comes from Iraq’s top universities and rigorously follows the quality control processes to ensure the integrity of analytical results.
Clients’ needs entirely dictate our turnaround times. For priority requests, almost anything is possible.
- Particle size distribution
- Sedimentation analysis
- Triaxial strength and shear box
- Plastic and liquid limits
- Bulk density
- Particle density
- California bearing ratio
Chemical and contaminated land analyses
- Chemical analysis for pH, sulphates, chlorides, carbonate content and organic matter
- Total petroleum hydrocarbons (total and criteria working group)
- Benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylenes
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Solvent extractable matter for total hydrocarbon content
- Volatile organic compounds
- Polychlorinated biphenyls
- Biochemical oxygen demand and dissolved oxygen
- Oil and grease in water
- Total suspended solids and total dissolved solids
- Conductivity and redox